Friday, December 30, 2005

 

My Top Ten (purchased) Albums of 2005

This has been a bumper year for my consumption of new music - The Job(tm) allowed me a greater purchasing power, which I duly obliged with many, varied media purchases, and, as is traditional, I'll provide the low down over the next couple of days of not jus music, but many other top 10 things (think Channel 4 on a Bank Holiday, but more varied). Although this is a 'Top 10', I'm not even going to attempt putting them in order 1) because I'm not a music critic, and would find it hard deciding that I prefered one album to another, and 2) because the music has been spread throughout the year, and I would like one album more than another at different parts of said year. Also, choosing one album is rather problematic as going for just one as the best purchace of 2005 is a bit OTT. Therefore, I'm just going for these albums, in no particular order. Enjoy. The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico

Belle and Sebastian -The Boy with the Arab Strap

Sigur Rós - Agaetis Byrjun

The Hidden Cameras - Mississauga Goddam

Mono - Walking Cloud and Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined

British Sea Power - Open Season

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Anthony and the Johnsons - I Am a Bird Now

The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike

Analysis

3 from North America

6 from Europe (5 British, 1 Icelandic)

1 from Asia (Japan)

5 came out after 2000

5 before 2000


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?